Ads and stats discrepances

Hi to everyone,

I finding difference stats (impressions as an example), for the same campaign when doing the following extracts:

1. Requesting the campaign (a6ofp) only.
  2. Requesting all the campaigns for this account (19bgp7)

So far, here’s what I have identified:
When requesting a single campaign, the number of ads is7.
When requesting all the campaigns of the account (where this campaign is located), only 3 ads are returned.

Due the difference in the amount of ads returned, the stats become different.

Is there a reason why the numbers will vary for the same campaign?
I’m using stats for february 14.

Hi @NestorSigiSilva,

Can you please provide the commands using twurl so I can see all the attributes in your stats requests?

Hi @goforbrent,
We use Twitter4j jar library to extract data, and I think that the issue is the number or rows returned in API.
In the report we make a request to get promoted tweets, to do this we use:
https://ads-api.twitter.com/2/accounts/19bgp7/promoted_tweets?with_total_count=true&with_deleted=true

With all promoted tweets in our services, we create a mapping using the line item ids. We found some discrepances when trying to get all promoted tweets usign differents sort by parameters. The promoted tweets endpoint has some kind of limit in rows returning?

The issue was solved making promoted tweets request using line items ids, to limit the reponse to only the active campaigns.
https://ads-api.twitter.com/2/accounts/19bgp7/promoted_tweets?with_total_count=true&with_deleted=true&line_item_ids=XXXXX,XXXX,XXXX

Can you help me to know the limit of rows in any request to Ads API?
Thanks!

Hey @NestorSigiSilva

There isin’t a limit in the number of entries returned by the API. In order to enable pagination we return a cursor value that you can use to page through the results. You can read more details around this via the pagination page on our docs.

Thanks!

Hi @imit8me ,
The twitter4j-ads library use the cursor value, and generate an arraylist with all entities, the issue is when generate the request usign different sort by value, not all entities is returned.

Hey @NestorSigiSilva

Can you provide a more concrete example with the API request and responses (preferably using twurl)?