AdMob error trying to integrate MoPub

android
admob

Couldn't locate or instantiate custom event: com.mopub.mobileads.GooglePlayServicesBanner.

I get this error when the banner tries to load AdMob ads. I installed MoPub through the Fabric extension on Android Studio.

Hello JSafalyeh,

The Fabric extension only includes our Android Base Bundle, which doesn’t include native support for AdMob.

To get support for AdMob (and other third party ad networks), you have to integrate the Fabric Android Third Party Network Adapters. The adapters can be downloaded here.

Choose which networks and formats you want to integrate into MoPub and include these adapters and the respective SDKs in your project.

The banner and interstitial adapters (e.g. GooglePlayServicesBanner.java and GooglePlayServicesInterstitial.java) should be placed in the com/mopub/mobileads folder in the MoPub SDK.

The native adapters should be placed in the com/mopub/nativeads folder in the MoPub SDK.

Please have a libs folder that includes all your third party sdk jar files that the MoPub SDK can access. For AdMob, please integrate Google Play Services into your app.

In the MoPub SDK build.gradle file please set the dependencies for the SDK jars you have added.

e.g. if a libs folder was created under the MoPub SDK, a dependency would look something like the below.

dependencies {
    compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:22.0.0'
    compile 'com.android.support:support-annotations:22.0.0'
    compile 'com.mopub.volley:mopub-volley:1.1.0'
    compile files('libs/NETWORKSDK.jar')
    compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:7.5.0'

}

Let us know if I have answered your question. If you have any further questions or need any clarifications here, please let us know.

Thanks!

How do I place the adapters in the JAR?