/account/verify_credentials not returning email address of user

I am trying to use the api method /account/verify_credentials to retrieve the twitter users email address for login verification, but the email is not being returned. My twitter app does have the “Request email address from users” checkbox selected under the permissions tab, and tells the user the app will have access to their email. I also regenerated my consumer api keys and access tokens.

My request looks like this.

https://api.twitter.com/1.1/account/verify_credentials.json?include_entities=false&skip_status=true&include_email=true&oauth_version=1.0&oauth_nonce={nonce value}&oauth_timestamp={time stamp value&oauth_consumer_key={consumer key value}&oauth_token={oauth token value}&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_signature={oauth signature value}

Any information on why this isn’t working would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi @NickMoo62158819 - As long as your settings are correct and you have user authentication, this call should work.

More specifically, the verify_credentials endpoint will only work if you’re using the OAuth tokens for your authenticated user. If you want to get someone’s email address, you will first have to get this person to authenticate your app, through implementing Sign In With Twitter.