Accessibility features (alt text) in Direct Messages?

media
directmessages
images

Hey all,

As of last year we have support for alt-text on images, which is great! (see https://blog.twitter.com/2016/accessible-images-for-everyone ).

However, as far as I can tell this feature isn’t available for Direct Messages? Cards that I send also don’t seem to be picked up when I view them in a DM chat.

See:

and:

(when composing tweets, I can add a description which renders as alt-text. DMs don’t allow to add a description)
Am I missing something, or is there a place that I can request this feature?

Thanks!

This not currently a product feature, and we don’t have a specific space for requesting new features. These forums are for API discussions rather than product features.

achiel,

Thanks for the feedback! I passed this request on to the DM team; can’t comment on when they might get to it though!

Josh

Josh,

great, thanks a lot! It’d be really nice to have that option; for chatbots Twitter seems ahead in the accessibility features department (keep up the good work!) when compared to FB, Telegram etc but not having alt text for DMs is a tad annoying.

Hope you can add it soon!

Achiel

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.