403 for few users while logging in via twitter

A few users informed us that they were seeing “403 Forbidden: The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.” while trying to login. My friend too has been seeing this from the last hour or two while trying to login to our website via twitter.

In my friends case this is only happening when he’s accessing the site through mobile.

The error occurs after the user has entered their credentials on twitter. The user is never redirected back to our site and instead is shown this 403 error.

Another user is seeing the same problem, while trying to access from a mobile device.

Thanks for the report. Just to confirm, you’re saying the 403 is returned to the user from Twitter’s servers after submitting the oauth/authenticate or oauth/authorize form? Can you confirm that your server is not throwing the 403 when the callback is executed? If possible, do you know the screen name or user ID of users who’ve had this happen? (Difficult, I know). Does retrying rectify or is it deterministic for the user?

Thanks

I have the same problem too.

I have specified callback URL in a format such as "sample://oauth"
So my site not throw the error.
“403 Forbidden: The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.”

This problem, and to delete the cache and Cookie of the browser would be valid?

I have been having this issue for two days. I got to Twitter, put in my information, then when I click log in it gives the forbidden error. What can I do now?

Oops! Sorry for the delay. The error went off the next day and forgot to check back here. Now, I got emails from 2 more users about the same problem. The error is not on our end as the url at the top still is twitter.com. Basically the redirection to our site never happens.

Can you please look into this? It’s started again :frowning:

Heard back from one of the user and he said he’s able to login now but wasn’t able to from the last one hour.

I am trying to authenticate user using OAuth and retrieve the user data. When the user is not signed into twitter the authentication works and I am able to get the user details. But if the user is already signed in on twitter I am getting this error message ‘403 Forbidden: The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it.’ . In some posts they said to make all the requests through https instead of http. That I have done. I have downloaded the code for authentication from ‘http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/how-to-authenticate-users-with-twitter-oauth/’ . Please help.

I get the same error only when I do step #2 of the sign in with twitter using authenticate. The error occurs only if I’m logged in already and calling authenticate with the oauth_token. But in either case I notice the app in not getting install on the twitter account. Any suggestions for a solution?

when i try to login on my mobile my twitter page says forbidden(rate limit exceeded). What should i do.