401 Unauthorized: Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect

I’m having problem in automated post from wordpress to twitter. and I get this error message below:

One or more of your last posts has failed to send it’s status update to Twitter. Your Tweet has been saved in your post custom fields, and you can re-Tweet it at your leisure.

401 Unauthorized: Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect.

Sorry! I couldn’t get in touch with the Twitter servers to post your new blog post. Your tweet has been stored in a custom field attached to the post, so you can Tweet it manually if you wish!

=========================================================================================================
It says that credentials missing or incorrect where I put all information correctly.
Need help with this problem

Thanks

I’m having this trouble too. I thought setting my blog posts to automatically tweet would be easy, but I’ve spent about an hour on this so far. No tweaking to anything works.

Same here :frowning:

same here

same here :frowning:

I’ve been having this trouble using WP -> Twitter, after about a hour of trying to get it to work I noticed a “Check settings” link at the very bottom of the page, clicked that and everything started working :o)

@ campsites2 like to tell me how you solve this problem
i try many time but still unsucessfull…

When creating your application, do not click the “create your access token” until you first click on Settings and change the Application Type to “Read, Write and Access direct messages”.
After your Twitter application has been updated to “Read, Write and Access direct messages”, click on the Home tab, and “create your access token”.
This should do the trick =)

TwitterAPIException: Could not authenticate with OAuth. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I have checked firewall, AV, set proper time zone, Consulted with my VPS provider, they say nothing is being blocked. My program works great on my laptop, desktop, and every other computer I have put it on, but not my VPS, which is Win Server 2003.

Can anyone think of something I may have missed?

That’s it! Many thanks, MTSpoon.

G…GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRREATE!!!
you are!!! you are!!! OH MY…
I’m crying now…

Great…Thanks MTSpoon. I was having a similar issue and stumbled on this link and voila now my problem is solved and am able to tweet :slight_smile:

That worked! Thank you.

made no difference whatsoever!!!

any other ideas???

Worked like a charm!

tells me my server does not support the required methods to function…does that mean I can’t use it???

Thanks this made it work

ok iv done everything that has been advised and still. WP to Twitter is kicking my butt. :frowning:

instead this is what ive still got on my screen:
One or more of your last posts has failed to send it’s status update to Twitter. Your Tweet has been saved in your post custom fields, and you can re-Tweet it at your leisure.

401 Unauthorized: Authentication credentials were missing or incorrect.

Sorry! I couldn’t get in touch with the Twitter servers to post your new blog post. Your tweet has been stored in a custom field attached to the post, so you can Tweet it manually if you wish!

Yes - That worked for me too. Great advice!

Sorry MTSpoon I have done the same as you said…Even I kicking out with the same error 401 unauthorized error…Even I have created new App and tried but not working…

Pls suggest me what to do???From one week I am suffering with the same error.

Pls help me out…

OAuth realm=“http://api.twitter.com/",oauth_consumer_key="” + this.ConsumerKey + “”,oauth_signature_method=“HMAC-SHA1”,oauth_token="" + this.Token + “”,oauth_timestamp="" + timeStamp + “”,oauth_nonce="" + nonce + “”,oauth_verifier="" + this.Verifier + “”, oauth_version=“1.0”,oauth_signature="" + HttpUtility.UrlEncode(sig) + “”");
This is my oauth realm…

Regards,
Vinay