400 Bad Request in GET users/contributors

Hi!

I’m having a strange problem with the method users/contributors.
It seems to be working only with some screen_names (I haven’t tried with user_ids). When I do “https://api.twitter.com/1.1/users/contributors.json?screen_name=twitterapi” it works fine, as with screen_names like “twitter”, “SamsungMobile”, “google”, etc. but not with normal screen_names like “sotrepi”.
Am I using it in the wrong way? Is it supposed to work for all the screen names?

And another question I have… the description says that this method “Returns a collection of users who can contribute to the specified account.” I would like to know what does it means that “they contribute that account”, in which way do they do that? Who does the Twitter Api know that?

Thanks in advance!

You’re getting a 400 status code in this case with this body:

{“errors”:[{“code”:21,“message”:“Contributors are not enabled for the specified user”}]}

Which indicates that the user you’ve requested doesn’t have contributor mode enabled on it.

Contributor mode is a seldom found feature that some Twitter accounts have. It lets other authorized users sign in to the account and tweet and perform other actions on that account’s behalf. With @twitterapi, a number of us on the platform team have the ability to tweet from that account, for example.

You’ve resolved clearly all my questions… now that I know what “contributors” mean, maybe I don’t need them, but it’s good to know what that method does. Thought it might return a json which said that it was not enabled, but an 400 response it’s ok.

Thanks for answering so quickly Taylor!

Now, I have the same problem with @twitterapi.
Sample request in https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/get/users/contributors not works.
It seems @twitterapi has no contributors.
Is this API bug or @twitterapi has really no contributors?

@twitterapi once had contributors but no longer does.

hi i have same problem getting error
"code": 21,
“message”: "Contributors are not enabled for the specified user"
can any body tell me how to add contributors and how to send tweet through contributors using twitter api v 1.1
please help me, thanks in advance…

Contributors is no longer a feature on Twitter.